Can’t we make Mumbai a cleaner place to stay??

“Hey watch out, don’t throw those orange peels on the floor” I yelled out when that beautiful young lady in her early twenties dressed good enough to run for a miss India contest threw those peels on the train floor. I thought she would be embarrassed enough and would immediately pick up what she had just thrown. To my vain she argued with me and asked me to mind my own business in sophisticated English with a polished accent. My right to travel in a clean train didn’t appeal to her as my business. But it is! 
My heart bleeds when people of our city citizens litter around. I fail to understand how clean people have a city so unclean (no reference to corruption here, of course!). After giving it a lot of thought I felt that people have simply forgotten what it is to live in a clean environment. We have become so immune to dirt, garbage, foul smells that it just feels natural to have all of it around us. Why else would Mumbai be so dirty? 
It’s about time to go back to basics I felt.  
Here are the top five plans from my genius head to make our city a cleaner place to live in.

1.  Next time you see someone spitting, dirtying around, just make use of your gorgeous eyes to stare wide at them
2. If eyes don’t work, it’s time to speak up! Shout out loud to stop them from committing the dirt crime and ask them to use a dustbin if littering around! Loud enough for the offenders to hear and the others too
3. If stares and voicing out falls short to make them understand, then it’s time to use your hand! Hands can be used in a two step process
  • Clap for the dirt offenders for littering around as if applauding then
  • Then go ahead and collect all they have thrown around with your own hands and throw it in the next available dustbin. 
Nothing would embarrass them more. What say!
  4. Dirt offenders need to be sent to nursery school again where their day would just begin with reciting
“Bits of paper, bits of paper
Lying on the floor, lying on the floor 
Makes the place untidy, makes the place untidy  
Pick them up, pick them up!” 
Followed by sweeping streets filled with dirt of course!
5.     
5. The ultimate punishment to a serial dirt criminal would be a tattoo on hand saying “Cleanliness is next to Godliness.” I can’t even imagine the number of people that would roam around with this tattoo if this is actually implemented!!

I know some of the solutions are ridiculous enough. But the least that I hope to drive down with this article is that we need to change our mindsets. Its the need of the hour that we realize dirtying around is wrong and is not acceptable. It is dissapointing that school children, educated adults commit this dirt crime equal enough! If we can keep our own houses clean, why is it so difficult to do the same for our city? After all isn’t Mumbai our home too!

I am sure if we take to our heart, we as responsible citizens can act as moral police and stop this dirt crime!

Are you ready to join the moral police? 

Liked what you just read??  Feel free to share this article and leave your comments.. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wishlist!!!

Can't we keep our country clean?

I need serenity