Can't we keep our country clean?

I have no clue about what I'm going to write. But one thing is for sure, this blog is a product of a lot of irritation and frustration.
.
My heart bleeds to see my country so unclean. What first comes to my mind is the city of Mumbai. It's filled with so much of filth around; be it trains, rail tracks, roads, footpaths etc etc. Why can't we simply make use of the dustbins around? How difficult is it?
.
I'd been to Alibaug somedays back, thats when I also visited the Alibaug fort. Here i got a rupee five incredible India ticket for visiting the fort. And what do i see...the fort's in a mess (that one could be another topic for writing a blog..hehee). On my way back to the shore from the fort, I was waiting for my boat. A bunch of school girls were presesnt too. One of them just threw away the Incredible India tickets around. Unable to take what I had just seen, I asked her to pick up what she had just thrown. What happened next truely came as a shock to me. The teacher accompaning these girls came for her defence. I was aghast. The teacher said "Can't you see the dirt around. Pick that up first and then complain about these girls." What kind of teachers are shaping our country's future..and what are they teaching these students...is all i could ask myself.
.
I think its become our second nature to just litter around. What hurts more is when educated people do not find it their responsibilty to keep their surroundings clean. Expecting others to keep our country clean and green is not going to help. We have to help ourselves. Shrugging our responsibities off is not going to help our country in any way. People who do not want to take the responsibilty of keeping their surroundings clean have no right to complain how dirty India is.
.
Earlier i would keep quiet, if i would see people littering around. Now, I make it a point that i stop them from what they are doing. I am made fun of and am sure they curse me too for making them realise their mistake. But at least i get the satisfaction of doing a little bit on my part of keeping my country clean.
.
If every person makes it a point to do their bit to keep our country clean, India would be a much better place to live in. Besides, it will be a treat to our own eyes!!!

Comments

  1. hate and anger will destroy us faster than the dirt you spoke abt. i dont disagree but want you to notice something. we have clean parks in Bangalore but the difference compared to England is that our parks are FENCED. why?

    are we trying to protect ourselves but caging ourselves?

    are we trying to protect the park thinking that the dirt will come inside? why can the neatness travel outside?

    i'll stick to what Mahatma Gandhi said, "BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT TO SEE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. “A person might be an expert in any field of knowledge or a master of many material skills and accomplishments. But without inner cleanliness his brain is a desert waste.” - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

    "Inner cleanliness will result in cleanliness towards our surroundings" - Amey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wishlist!!!

I need serenity