Chak De!!!



Was getting back to my hostel haven in my usual tram no 7 to Neumarkt and suddenly I hear a bunch of girls, laughing, giggling singing the song - Chak De!! that very moment they caught my attention. Thousands of thought crossed by like... did i just hear a hindi song? these girls are definitely not Indian...oh but i dun think they are German either...But they speak perfect German...Ah!! they must be Turkish....
I was curious. And i finaly asked them..."hey, this is a hindi song. how do you know it??" One of the girls answered and the rest of them were in unision too. She said "oh, we love hindi movies, hindi songs. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and suddenly started speaking Hindi "Mujhe hindi nahi ati, par mujhe pasand he. Mujhe India bhi bahot pasand he" They meant - we don't know hindi, but we love it. we love India too". I was all smiles.
I told them that I am an Indian and they were all so happy. One important question, still unanswered - german speaking girls, dressed all schick and trendy, where were they from?? Any guesses??
AFGHANISTAN is the answer.
After having read Khalid Hosseini's books, my image of Afghanistan was no good. The misery the woman went through there, all came to my mind that moment. And so I was happy to see these girls, all so free. It occured to me then, I am in Germany!!! Women are more equal here, then back there. One is free here...Its freedom for all!!!
We reached Neumarkt and wished each other good bye!! they said - Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna...(Never say Good Bye!!) hehhe..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wishlist!!!

Can't we keep our country clean?

I need serenity