Going the vegetarian way

I must have been asked thousands of times may be in the last few years "Why vegetarian food?". How i wish i knew the answer!! Still in search of an answer.

Some few days back, i happened to see a few crows kill and eat a sparrow. I was very upset that i couldn't do anything to save that poor little sparrow and i watched silently it being killed. Thoughts put in, i felt, should i have interfered in this act of nature?? After all that sparrow was food for the crow and it was none of my business, or was it?? Don't know..

One thought linked to the other. I realised one of the primary reasons me turning to Veg food was to stop the killing. The other reasons i am yet to figure out. Ultimately i quit Non-Veg food. And I thought i have successfully achieved my motive: the killing would stop, at least on my part.

Well, it didn't stop even on my part. I still have vegetables which are full of life. Oh, but i can't quit vegetables, that's the only kind of food i eat and survive on.

From all this, all i could surmise was: we too are a species who kill for survival, be it vegetables or animals. Morals don't play a role here. Its just that we have some kind of developed brains which tells us that it may not be right to kill an animal for one's survival, especially if alternatives are available.

I don't look down upon non vegetarian food. I too enjoyed and savored it.
No longer though!!!
I just chose a road which helped me get rid of my guilt of killing. Period.

Comments

  1. Well written Sheetal, like many other things in life, God doesnt let us find easy answers. Just when you feel you have sorted your way of life, He shows you something which makes the whole basis of choosing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i mean is that ur choice depends on the sensitivity of your soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wishlist!!!

Can't we keep our country clean?

I need serenity